Monday, August 09, 2004

A Boring Day

Spent a whole day doing some Mass Spectrometer Training. I can hardly see me using a Mass Spectrometer in my whole PhD career. The only reason of my being there is that the training program requires minimum 5 people to open a class, and Andy and Nancy, the people who really want to use this machine to id their protein samples, couldn't find 5 people. So they asked me to be the "5th person". As always, I said:"OK."

The professor started the class by asking each of us why we wanted to attend this class, which really caught me off guard. Obviously, I couldn't say "I am just a filler". So I made up some bullshit which I think the professor didn't quite understand, except for the fact that I am the retarded one of the group.

Later I learned that the program requirement is not "minimun 5 people", but "maximum 5 people", because the workplace is really small to hold more than 5. So I didn't even need to be there to begin with. I felt more wasted.

Oh, and I owe Andy $5 for lunch because I didn't carry my wallet.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home