Monday, June 14, 2004

WB's Superstar USA

I admit it's a sick show. To trick people into thinking their singing is good when in fact is really bad and making huge fools of themselves in front of the audience is just not very morally right to me.

So I feel guilty to admit that I actually followed this show from the beginning and was eager to watch its finale tonight.

Let's fact it: moralities aside, this show is incredibly entertaining. The competitors are unbelievable: unbelievably untalented, and unbelievably confident. I didn't even know these super lousy yet super cocky people existed until I watched the show.

However, when I was laughing at their horrible performances, I also felt a little admiration for them. At least they had the guts to stand up, although it was based on their false self-images.

In the end of tonight's finale, Jamie won the title. Then the highly anticipated moment came: the host told her that this show was to search for the worst singer in America. I had prepared to see her flip out. But she took it really well. She made a few faces all right, but she was still happy. It was like:" Worst singer? Ugh, it sucks! But who cares! I won! I am $100,000 richer!"

Well, good for her, but I was a little disappointed.(Guilty.)

And Mario, who I think is truly the worst, amazed me too. He said something like:"Before I was this shy and quiet guy. But this experience brough the inner me out. Now I feel the fire in me, the superstar in me." Well said, Mario, although still a little too cocky to me. Now I have a little respect to you. Wish you a happy marriage. (And wish your fiancee didn't watch this show.)

So which one is better: Knowing one's own weakness and hide it, or not knowing ones' own weakness and show it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home