Monday, July 12, 2004

Internet Nightmare

My internet access had been down for almost one week. It was back on only minutes ago. What a nightmare! Were they punishing me for downloading too much?

What a week I had suffered! I felt part of my heart and soul had left me. I felt I had been cut off from the outside world. I felt blind. It's like Neo and Trinity, who are hooked up to break into the Matrix and are just ready to kick some agents' asses when suddenly receive a "network failure" signal! They must feel what I had been feeling: confused, anxious, and scared. "Oh, shit, What am I gonna do?"

Believe me, we are all here to experience a major evolution of human beings as a species. Haven't we been trying our best to be connected to some kind of networks? From the radio network, TV network, to GPS network, telephone network, cell phone network, and now internet network. And the trend is, people want to be able to carry these networks with them. From regular phone to cell phone, from desktop PC to laptop to pocketpc, from dialup to Wi-Fi. The only logic next step is to merge all these networks into one and integrate it into ourselves. Internet will be our external sense organ. We won't need any computer or cell phone to communicate with friends at the other end of the world; we search for any information just by thinking it, and the whole internet will be our external memory, and our knowledge will only be limited by the capacity of the internet. And we will live happily ever after.

But remember to choose an ISP that won't leave you disconnected for one week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home