Tuesday, October 26, 2004

You Are Just Too Lazy!

The Genetics Lab's big lab report dues in two days. Naturally, the hallway outside of my boss's office is suddently filled with desperate students seeking his last-minute counsel.

Some can't stand the long waiting so they turn their attention to me.

"Lei, maybe you can help us?" Vic, one of the students, asks.

I should. I am the TA of this class.

But I can't. I can solve all the technical problems during their experiments. But their data is too complicated. As a new TA of this lab, I don't know all the details and tricks of the experiments. In fact, I tried to help one group with their data analysis before. But either I was too stupid or their data were full of error, I couldn't figure out how to solve their problem.

So I go,"Sorry, Vic, I really want to help. But I don't want to misguide you. You'd better ask the professor."

He goes:"Sure you can. It's a good question. I believe you can."

Very tempting. Very seductive. I almost give in. But I tell myself to stick to my gun.

"No. Sorry."

And I feel really sorry for not being able to help.

He says:"Oh. Lei. I believe you can do it. You're just too lazy!"

The take-home lessons: a)students, when cornered, are quite aggressive, and b)I am a lousy, lousy, lousy, lousy TA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home