Saturday, October 16, 2004

Cat's Nose

So I went to my boss's house to take care of their pets tonight. Molly was sad, as usual. Or maybe she was just bored without my boss around. When he was around, she barked a lot, as if talking to him. But now she was completely silent.

Did my boss tell her that I am from China so she thought my English was not good enough to understand her?

This made me think of a girl from the Genetics Lab of which I am a TA. She never asks me any questions. One day I overheard her conversation with her lab partener:"I don't think he understands us."

Oh, well. Who cares.

While I was patting Molly to try to cheer her up, the cat "Noodle" ran down the stairs, jumped on the coach and sat beside me.

This was new. The last several times when I was pet-sitting, she didn't even look at me.

She began rubbing her cheeks against my hand. Her fur felt so soft. And her nose, ah, her nose was so cold.

Was it because it was raining outside?

I guess the poem "Fog" can be changed to:

The rain comes
on little cat's nose.


2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think your English is really good. At least the written part. :)

Yan

12:17 AM  
Blogger Lei said...

As a real Chinese, I should say:"Where! Where!"

But as a real shameless Chinese, I am just going to say:"Thank you, Yan. I am flattered. Will tell Molly about this."

1:18 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home