Sunday, July 18, 2004

Birthday

Today is my birthday, so I did what Chinese would do on birthdays: feasting my friends, in a Chinese restaurant.

Food was excellent. After the food was the routine we always do: reading each other's fortune cookie. Mine was a little interesting:

"You have had a good start. Work harder."

Yeah, right. Like I haven't been working hard. Worked a whole day today, a Saturday, my birthday!

Earlier today, while I was busily checking my flies, one of my friends called and screamed:"Can't you take one day off? It's your birthday!"

I said:"If I can't do something useful on my birthday, when can I?"

I like the "you have had a good start" part, though. I think I have had a good start on two things:

1. I have made a mutant of the gene I am studying. And it has the expected phenotype. Yeah!
2. I have started this blog, and I am addicted to it. Yeah!

So I guess I will be working harder on these two things in the following year , or, to be more precisely, in the following years.

Happy Birthday to Myself!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home