Sunday, July 25, 2004

The Cutest Animal

What is the cutest animal on the planet? Before tonight, I couldn't give an answer. But now I can tell you: panda!

Why? Because it IS!

...OK. Because I watched PBS's wonderful program The Panda Baby tonight. It was about the birth of Hua Mei, the first US born panda. If I didn't see this documentary, I couldn't believe what a newborn panda looked like. She was small, about as long as your palm. And she was red and smooth, no black and white fur at all. More like a new born mice than a panda. And how cute she is! Especially after she grew on her black-and-white fur. At about 5 months old, she looked exactly like a stuffed panda doll. The first time her mother brought her to the outside from their den, she was so curious about the whole new world that you would even hear her thinking:"Wow! What are all these fun things Mommy didn't tell me about!"

Next time I go to San Diego I am sure to visit its zoo and its star: Hua Mei.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home