Monday, August 16, 2004

The Beginning Of internet

A while ago I wrote something about internet, and the next day my friend Bo pointed out that the "i" in "internet" is always capitalized. So it should be "Internet". I thanked him and made the correction.

But today Wired Magazine announced that from now on it would stop capitalizing "internet", "web" and "net".

Why? The simple answer is because there is no earthly reason to capitalize any of these words. Actually, there never was.


I think I will go with Wired. Why? The simple answer is because I am a subscriber. The real answer, though, is because it saves my face.

That said, I still appreciate Bo for pointing out my mistakes. And I will appreciate anyone for taking all the trouble to do so, too.



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home