Tuesday, September 14, 2004

Firefox 1.0

Firefox finally reaches its 1.0 milestone (although still a preview release)! Bravo!

I still remember the excitement when the Netscape 4.0 Navigator first came out. It looked so cool! The only offer from IE at that time was IE3.0. And it was...eww! I just loved Netscape.

That was why I hesitated to switch to IE4.0 when it seemed everybody was using it. I resisted the IE tide until IE5.0 came out when I sadly found that the Web was no longer Netscape-friendly. I had to switch.

It felt so bad. It was like I was cheating on Netscape with IE. Although I always kept a latest version of Netscape in my computer, I seldom used it. It was like sleeping with IE with a picture of Netscape on the nightstand.

But everything is back to what it should be now! Firefox, the new Netscape, is my default browser. My affection to it increases day by day. I rarely touch IE now. Even MyIE2, once I liked, can't drag me back.

Hope Microsoft won't destroy it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home