Friday, August 27, 2004

The Gold Medal

Liu Xiang won the gold medal of men's 110m hurdles!

Plus he tied the world record!

Just look how fast he ran! A red lightning!

China's first men's track and field Olympics medal ever! He wrote a new chapter in Chinese Olympics history!

I got so excited that I couldn't sit down or stand still. I walked around the lab aimlessly. I made phone calls to tell people we won.

This made me even more excited. I rushed into my boss's office and (almost) shouted to him:"We won the 110m! Men's! Hurdles! Gold!"

He looked up from a paper he was reading and, a little shocked by my wild behavior, asked:"We won? The United States?"

I said:"No, We! WE!...No, I!... no..."

At that moment there must be a big "Data overflow!" error message flashing in my language lobe.

I paused a little bit to compose myself.

"...China!"I finally found the correct word.

My boss said:"That was something I didn't expect China could win."

"I know," I said, "isn't that amazing?"

"Yes. It is! Wow! Now the next thing for you to win is the 100m!"

"Yeah, right."

Later that day, Huina Xing won women's 10,000m gold medal.

What a memorable day!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home