Monday, October 11, 2004

Absent-minded

1:00 pm. I sat in the injection room, getting ready for another afternoon's injection.

Feng walked in. He asked:"You forgot?"

Me:"What?"

Feng:"The Germline Group Meeting!"

Oh. My. God.

Every Monday, we have a group meeting at 12:00. I never missed one. But I completely forgot this one.

Worse yet, today the presenter is-my boss!

Oh. My. God.

This was not my first time.

Last Friday I was setting up the injection and my boss looked at me in puzzlement.

"What are you doing?"

I felt confused too:"Injection?"

"But our lab meeting's in 5 minutes!"

Oh. My. God.

Just 3 days later I did it again.

What had happened to me?

I felt so stupid. I blushed. I sat there motionless. But then I found I was actually shaking all over.

I tried to find an excuse. But then I couldn't find one except that I was so stupid.

I tried to blame someone else. But then I could blame no one but myself.

I could imagine people's laugh, or smirk, or sneer. I wanted to destroy these people's soul.

But then I found that the one I really wanted to destroy was myself.

I asked Feng:"What did he say?"

"He said:'Welcome aboard! The Absent-minded Professor!'"

Oh. My. God.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home