Tuesday, October 05, 2004

Homeward Bound

I'm sitting in the railway station
got a ticket for my destination
mm, mm, mmm ...
...

Today my boss agreed to let me go back to China this Christmas break.

Thus officially began my long, painful, costly and risky journey back home.

I have come to the US for four and a half years and never been back. Not that I don't want to, but because the US government has tightened its visa policy for international students in the "sensitive" majors. Biology is one of them. We are very likely subjected to "background checking", which takes God-knows-how-long. A girl in my department went home last Christmas and didn't come back until this May. In the mean time, we have to stay in our home country and let our experimental material rot.

I remember when I was in college I felt very excited towards the end of each semester just by thinking of the warmth of home.

But now it feels so stressful.

Babara Walter said her favorite journey was:"to my home."

Would she feel the same if she had to suffer what we have been through?

Homeward bound,
I wish I was Homeward bound


I wish I was homeward bound, too, without the fear, you know.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home