Wednesday, August 18, 2004

Nice Dress!

This afternoon, on my way to a Chinese restaurant for lunch, I met L, another biology PhD student.

Me: Hi, L!
L: Hi, Lei!
Me: How's going?
L: Pretty good. You?
Me: Good, good. Have you seen any movies lately?
L: That is a nice dress for the weather.

For a second of two I solemnly thought that this long, hot summer had finally destroyed my listening comprehension unit of my small brain. But my logic circuit quickly jumped into action and directed my eyes to a girl passing by.

That girl was in a low-cut, knee-length pink dress. And L was staring at her, turning his head slightly as the girl walked away.

When he finished staring, L said:"No. Last movie I saw was Spiderman 2. I liked it. Have you seen it yet?"

I had no choice but to continue this conversation as if nothing weird had happened.

But I thought it was pretty weird.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jason said...

i think that's totally normal. if she was attractive.

9:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home