Friday, September 17, 2004

Body Fat Meter

Today at Sam's, Xing bought a lot of stuff, mostly "healthy food". He is on a no-fat, low-sugar diet, you know, being weight-challenged and all. He also bought an electronic body-fat meter. $28. Very fancy.

At the exit, the woman who checked the receipt and the cart stopped us. While she was checking, she got very curious of the body-fat meter.

"What is that?...Oh, a body-fat meter!"

Since I was holding the cart, she thought I bought the meter. She looked at me for a second and seemed very confused:

"I know you don't need a body-fat meter just by looking at you."

OK. Am I that skinny?

I think I really need to put on some weight. In a way, I am weight-challenged, too, just as Xing. He has a hard time losing weight. I have a hard time gaining weight.

Tolstoy was right:"All happy families are alike; each unhappy family is unhappy in its own way." If Anna Karenina were a "self-improvement book" published in the 21st century, he might have changed this famous first sentence to:"All fit people are alike; each unfit person is unfit in his/her own way."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home