Sunday, August 22, 2004

Barnes & Noble

Today in Barnes & Noble, I saw a book called:" The Complete Idiot's Guide To Understanding Einstein".

Interesting title. So now the distance between an idiot and a genius is just a 400-page book.

Quite a ground-breaking discovery, although it was not the reason why I was in the bookstore. Several months ago I found out that Harmony Books was going to release a 25th Anniversary Edition of the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy this month, with a lot of extra pictures, drawings and other interesting stuff. Naturally I was curious about what these would be, being a big fan of Douglas Adams and all.

In the New Releases section, I found the book. The cover looked the same as the original hard-cover edition, except for a silver round sticker at the bottom-left corner of the front cover.I ignored the sticker and flipped through the book. To my disappointment, there was no extra features in it. In fact, it looked exactly like the original edition. Then I looked at the sticker on the cover. It read:"BACK IN ORBIT. 25th Anniversary Facsimile Edition. NOW ONLY $13.95".

Facsimile Edition. Why bother?

Back home, I did a more careful study online. It turned out that the book I wanted to see is called:"The Hichhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Deluxe 25th Anniversary Edition".

It is going to be released in October, 2004.

OK. Let's wait till then. Better not let me down twice.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home